Friday, April 22, 2011

Dining Hall Pesach

I believe I have just discovered the thing that will get me through four years of dining hall Passovers kosher and not starving.

Matzah with cream cheese and grape jelly.

I used light cream cheese 'cause that's what was more convenient/what I normally use. I imagine it'd be just as good with regular, but light is smoother and stuff (or at least the stuff BMC dining services gets is...) so it might be different. Who knows.

Anywho. IT IS SPECTACULAR.

Just be careful 'cause the jelly likes to slide off, which gets kinda messy.

It is so spectacular, in fact, that your previous craving for waffles, despite not actually like waffles, will dissipate.

Which is a really good thing since, unlike, say, rice, there is no way to explain waffles away as kosher.

The previously mild desire for a jelly donut might not go away though. It might, in fact, grow. Which is kind of unfortunate.

I'm making a list of everything I'm going to eat next week. It's getting very long, very fast. First I just have to decide what I'm going to eat as my first bready thing. Burrito? A roll from Bertuccis? Chocolate cake? (Wait. Not sure where I can find a proper chocolate cake to end Pesach with, since my usual epic chocolate cake places are all at home...) A burger?

If you have any suggestions for what I should eat come Tuesday night, leave me a comment.

Leave me a comment if you have ANY thoughts, actually.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. Just wanted to say, I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jelly donut. And tea. In a pretty china cup from a pretty tea pot. With a sugar bowl and little elephant creamer.

    ReplyDelete