Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dear Blogger

Dear Blogger,

I checked. My user profile clearly states my location as being in Massachusetts. While this is moderately incorrect, Massachusetts is in the same time zone as Pennsylvania. Many things are different between the two states but time is not one of them. I am not located anywhere on the West Coast. I would like the time stamps on my posts to reflect the fact that I live in the Eastern Time Zone.

Please remedy this.

Thanks,
Wendy

PS Yes location can be moderately incorrect. While I realize on the surface this appears as an "either or," that assessment is false. I am in college and therefore have two homes. My homey housey home certainly is in MA and while I am not currently located there, that is a frequent location for me. My schooly dormy home is in PA. Yes, that is where I am currently located, but that changes periodically. Since I have Blogger keep that information private (although I don't know why I do since I just said it....), there is no reason to change it every time I switch (oh. That's why. It's another way I can be lazy sneakily...), especially since THEY'RE IN THE SAME TIME ZONE.

UPDATE: I checked and I lied. My eyes apparently went all kerfluey reading the edit profile page and my location is definitely not private. So I took the town off 'cause I'm thinking I'll keep that secret. Maybe it'll be like a guessing game since I know me and I'll say stuff that tells where my hometown is.

And of course, it's obviously a secret where Bryn Mawr College is... I mean, what school is named after the town it's in? No one knows where it is.... Shhhhh...

UPDATE 2: My mother lied to me. She said to edit the Blogger profile and put in my state, which was already done and clearly didn't help. But I figured it out. Under settings on the edit the whole blog page there's a formatting tab. Scroll down and you can select your time zone.

I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment