Sunday, March 20, 2011

OY FREAKING VEY HULU

Dear Hulu,

The reason you have an ad tailor is so people don't get pissed at seeing the same ad over and over.

So how many times do I have to tell you that ads for Geico or All State are not relevant to me???

Not only am I not interested in buying any type of auto insurance (or motorcycle, RV, or any other insurance for something with wheels...), I also have no intention to buy a Robot Roomba or any type of dog food. Similarly, I have a cell phone and have no current plans for a new phone or ditching AT&T.

I'd really really appreciate not showing ads for things I've already clicked "not relevant" for.

The only ads you ever show me that ARE relevant are the ones for JC Penney. 'Course, I still click not relevant for those because I just want to not see the same ads over and over.

I'm going to tell you that no ads are relevant to me because I don't buy things based on ads. If I see an ad multiple times, it'll just annoy me. So I say nothing's relevant. Please show me new ads.

And seriously, I hate the old guy in the Geico ad. He drives me crazy. While I agree the music that comes up with the disco ball in the one with the "technical difficulties" is catchy, the line "let's keep rolling" is really not necessary. And the one with the gecko T-shirts and water bottles and things? The guy is freaking clueless.

Clearly, I've seen the Geico ads too much. Don't even get me started on the "did the little piggy cry whee whee whee all the way home?" ("wheeeeeeeeeeeee! wheeee wheeeee wheeeee wheeeeeeeeeee!") one. That may be the most annoying ad I have EVER seen.

And the only plus side to the All State ads is that the guy who plays Mayhem is the guy who played Cassedy on the first season of Law and Order SVU. And I loved that guy. I pity his career, but he's kind of gorgeous.

Anyway, my point is STOP SHOWING THE SAME ADS OVER AND OVER. I clicked not relevant 'cause a) they're not relevant and b) I want new ads!!!!!

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Wendy

PS The lady in I forget which dog food (Purina diet weight loss something or other maybe?) ad whose dog's name is Winky (or something like that) drives me crazy. She's an idiot. She goes on and on about how convenient prepackaged food is, since you don't have to measure anything or whatever. Dude. That's the point of prepackaged food. Get over it. That has nothing to do with Purina. That has to do with food companies (human and pet, in fact...) all over the world who understand how lazy people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment