Thursday, March 24, 2011

An Open Letter to the Weather Gods

Dear Weather Gods,

Remember how nice it was last week? You were spectacular. Especially on Friday. That nice, warm, sunny, beautiful weather was fantastic.

I'd really love to keep going with the springy/summery weather. I love it. It's really great.

I thought you were just being temperamental at first. I mean, it wasn't particularly cold over the weekend, it just wasn't warm. But then this week came.

Yeah, ok, so it was reasonably nice ish most of the day on Tuesday, but it wasn't warm.

But Wednesday? That sucked.

And I just checked the weather for today (or is it tomorrow? It's 2AM Wednesday night/Thursday morning... I don't know what day it is anymore....). Chance of snow in the morning.

Screw you, Weather Gods.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a New England girl. I know I had a snow day on April 4th in middle school once.

But I'm not in New England right now.

I can handle snow in March in New England. But this is Pennsylvania for goodness sake. At the end of March.

You gotta make up your mind. Either be spring and I'll pack up my winter gear and mail it to my mother or stay as winter and I'll just be grouchy.

Please stop changing your mind every week.

And if you're trying to decide which way to go, it'd be great if you kept in mind just how much I loooovvvee nice warm springy weather.

Sincerely,
Wendy

UPDATE: There's frost on the ground. I don't think I'm on speaking terms with the Weather Gods right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment