Thursday, March 3, 2011

My inspiration

Lately, I've been writing a lot of really long statuses (stati?) on Facebook. Unfortunately, there's a 420 character limit. So I publish them as notes... But really, that doesn't do them justice 'cause I know I don't read notes that show up on my news feed and writing notes is the most boring thing in the world. Well, ok, there are more boring things, but you get the picture. My point is, while I doubt I'm making the reading of my lovely thoughts LESS likely, I could make it MORE likely AND have more fun writing them. So, I'm switching venues.

This is the note that inspired my new venue, copy and pasted straight from FB:

OHMYGODWILLINEVERLEARN. Note to self: if you spend too much time watching videos on YouTube of Andrew Lloyd Webber creations, doesn't seem to matter the show or what's actually in the video (reviews, interviews, actual performance, whatever...), you will wind up reconsidering your life plans. You will likely forget your previous decision that show business probably wouldn't work out for you. The same thing goes for listening to the songs. Those tend to be limited to just Phantom, Love Never Dies (but only as a stand alone... Still can't make an opinion as a sequel...), and the Woman in White. But it doesn't matter what songs. Even the songs I would never sing in my little fantasies. Seriously, I'm not gonna sing Music of the Night, Til I Hear You Sing, or Evermore Without You or I Believe My Heart (that one is slightly more likely... But I think I probably more of a Marian than Laura.... Plus than I can be all dramatic and "IIIIIIII close my eyes and I still see his face......" [and if you know the part I'm talking about, which I doubt you do, you'll know that I actually just wrote that PERFECTLY considering how it gets sung...]). So why do these songs make me go all "West End, here I come!!" And wait, since when did I decide I wanted the West End and not Broadway? I thought I wanted to be a lawyer in New England? Why do I want to move across the pond??? Being Christine and/or Marian. Why do I want to be these women? The arias. Right. I want to sing Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again, All For Laura, If Not For Me For Her, and Love Never Dies. And not just like perform them, but in character. I don't know why. Just do. And with a voice teacher I *think* I could. There have been times when I had all the relevant notes.... But no... I doubt I will ever learn....

Oh, and wanna know the worst part? This was brought on by a musical theater star who I THOUGHT was safe. I was looking at Idina Menzel's website and outside of a random dream I had a gajillion years ago, she's never been in an ALW (She was Madame Giry. Really not sure she'd make a good one, but it was a dream...), so she shouldn't make me go all "yay show business!!!"... But then I was curious about the London Wicked 'cause it say the Apollo Theater. I was like, wait, isn't that where LND is playing? So I kept clicking and found myself on a "Theatreland" website, scrolled through the shows and realized no, it's the ADELPHI... But by then I was on the official LND website watching videos.......

1 comment:

  1. Go to dashboard, edit blogger profile, and put in your state.

    ReplyDelete