Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Open Letter to my Light

Dear Light,

I understand that you are very excited when you are turned on, but the singing has got to stop.

I'm sure you've noticed that I've been replacing you lately by opening my shades and using my lamps. It makes me feel more green, but it's a lot less convenient.

It's ok at first. I walk into the room and flip the switch and then go to work.

But then it starts. At first I don't notice it. But then it gets louder.

And louder.

Sometimes I think it has stopped but then you decide it's time for an encore.

Please stop with the singing. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I would appreciate silence when I'm working. I play music or whatever, but that your music isn't quite what I'm looking for.

If you can't try to stop the singing, I'm going to stop bothering to turn you on for long periods of time. You're only going to get turned on for long enough for me to get other lights going.

Consider yourself warned.

Sincerely, Wendy

PS Don't go crying to your other owner about this. I know your singing doesn't bother her, but she understands it bothers me. She might keep using you, but she doesn't mind when I switch to lamps and turn you off, so it won't make a difference if you complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment